Hollis Prism 2 Closed Circuit Rebreather CE Certification
"CE certification gives CCR green light for UK and Ireland sales" - Well nearly we can take pre-orders but full CE is expected around end of Feb 2019
I have been diving and teaching the Prism 2 since early units became available in 2012/2013.
We have had several upgrades to the Shearwater Handset, Hud and board Electronics and many other improvements.
At the time of writing I have been diving and teaching the unit for some 6 years and I'm still in love with it.
Great news is that CE is nearly here at last, My latest intel says around end of Feb 1st of March. Perfect just right for when it warms up a bit.
We will be running courses here in the UK (Ask about overseas courses in Jan/Feb 2019) as soon as CE is granted, feel free to book on now and pre-order your unit.
We do have training units available if yours should take a while to arrive.
The Prism 2 is a fully closed circuit Rebreather, ideal for exploring open ocean, caves, or wrecks. This unit can be electronically or manually controlled which means you choose how you want the loop PPO2 maintained.
The Prism 2 Rebreather has the option of front-mounted counterlungs or back-mounted counterlungs.
The rear mounted radial scrubber gives the Hollis Prism 2 easy breathing with low resistive effort and low hydrostatic loading.
Tested by ANSTI at 100M, found the Hollis Prism 2 to have the lowest WOB of any mixed gas CCR on the market at 0.94 J/L.
The standard Prism 2 kit includes an electronic secondary control and primary LED displays with a backplate/wing assembly that provides a complete kit ready to dive out of the box. Excludes Cylinders / Tanks.
Karen Burnell PADI Master Instructor, Dive Centre manager of TAL Scuba completing her course a few years ago.
The Prism 2 is a great full Tec Rebreather with lots of options including front and back mounted counter lungs, BOV (A great Bailout valve) or DSV (Dive Surface Valve).
The Hollis Prism 2 CCR Rebreather Electronically and / or manually controlled
, constant PO2, modular, closed circuit diving system - Shearwater Electronics.
We should have FULL CE approved Units on the way for the Feb/March 2019
What is a CCR
A CCR rebreather recycles rather than vents the exhaled breath this exhaled gas/breath passes around the closed loop, where it is pushed through a chemical absorbent (scrubber) called Sofnolime which removes the carbon dioxide. the diver can then re-breathe the gas, this is a "closed circuit rebreather" or CCR. The CCR then adds diluent or Oxygen to maintain breathable gas.
Hollis Prism 2 Rebreather Features:
- Choice of Front Mounted or Back Mounted Counterlungs.
- Lowest Work of Breathing in industry at 0.94 J/L – Tested at 100M by ANSTI
- Unit weight when fully charged, in standard configuration – approx. 47lbs
- Split counterlungs allows inhale and exhale counterlungs for high work loads.
- Counterlung drains make it easy to remove water during a dive
- All gas lines external to the breathing loop prevents leaks from affecting the PPO2
- Automatic diluent addition valve adds diluent during descent or when the loop volume is low
- Manual diluent addition valve adds on board or off board diluent for loop flushing
- Gases – Air, Trimix, and Heliox
- Manual oxygen addition valve allows for manually controlling oxygen PPO2
- Integral harness and BC or Backplate standard makes the Prism 2 ready to dive out of the box
- High performance open circuit Bail Out Valve option
- Full range of wings/harness gives the ultimate customization
- Accepts 13, 19, or 30 cu.ft. cylinders for flexible gas management
- Eye level LED Primary display provides easy to monitor system status
- Displays PPO2 for each oxygen sensor is used to control PPO2 manually & assure electronics system is nominal
- External power switch is easy to power on
- Easy calibration with a push button O2 calibration
- Large OLED Secondary Display is easy to read, even for your buddy
- PPO2 Monitoring of Three Sensors Continuous display of each sensor’s PPO2, mv reading easy to access
- Closed Circuit & Open Circuit, 5 gases supports diluent switching & Multi-gas mix dive plans
- 2 button push OC bailout – If you have to leave the loop, quickly switches to bailout support
- CNS Tracking based on real time oxygen exposure
- Software Update via web
- Dive Log download an
Back Mounted Counter Lung now available
Hollis Prism 2 Rebreather Training
TAL Scuba offer a full range of Hollis Prism 2 Rebreather Tec and Instructor training through PADI both here in the UK and overseas.