Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (First Aid) Course
-- Refresher Course--
Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (first aid) covers both Primary First Aid and Secondary injuries or illnesses that are not immediately life threatening. Participants learn the whole process of how to respond to life-threatening emergencies through to taking care of secondary assessment and first aid through knowledge development, skill development and realistic scenario practice.
-NOW INCLUDES AED OVERVIEW AND PRACTICE-
What do I get?
When you enrolled you will be given your own copy of the Emergency First Response Manual and DVD. These should be viewed and completed prior to your session with the knowledge reviews completed.
What You will Refresh on:
Primary Care (CPR) skills:
- Scene Safety Assessment Universal Precautions -
- Communicable Disease Protection, including barrier use
- Primary Assessment
- Rescue Breathing
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Conscious and Unconscious Obstructed Airway Management
- Serious Bleeding Management
- Shock Management
- Spinal Injury Management
- AED Overview and Practice
- Injury Assessment
- Illness Assessment
- Splinting for Dislocations and Fractures
How do I do It?
- Previous training in first aid, and a general want to help others in need of care.
Now you know first aid, you may also consider a specialty in AED operation or Oxygen provision. Or if you dive regularily why not specialise in Hazardous Marine Life Injuries or Neurological Assessments?
Like First Aid? - Why not teach it?
- A genuine care for an injured person.
- An interest in First Aid
2 Classroom sessions
Participants 1:8 Kit Included N/A Required
Completed Knowledge reviews