What do you get?
4-5 Hour Classroom theory session or sessions covering
1. Cylinders Types, Handling, Valves & Markings
2. Cylinder Valves types
3. Compressor types
4. Types of cascade system/banks & filling/mixing panels
5. Types of filling whips and valve
6. Wet and dry filling
7. Compressor maintenance
8. Compressor filters
9. Types of Air, Nitrox and other Gases
10. Filling cylinders direct from compressor
11. Filling cylinders via a cascade system
12. Filling cylinders using a combination of cascade system and compressor
1. Fill cylinders at least 4 times via a compress
2. Fill cylinders at least 4 times cascade/Bank system
3. Fill cylinders at least 4 times using a combination of both cascade/Bank system and compressor
4. Complete a practical training record sheet
By the end of this course the student will be able to
1. Identify different types of cylinder including 300 Bar, 232 Bar
2. Identify manufacture dates and test dates on cylinders
3. Verify that a cylinder is within test dates & required locally
4. Identify Nitrox and Air cylinders correctly
5. Identify all of the primary controls on the filling panel and / or compressor being used.
6. Independently fill cylinders using all three combinations and verify that they havebeen filled to the correct filling pressure.
Fill cylinders via a compressor
Fill cylinders via a cascade/Bank system
Fill cylinders using a combination of both cascade/Bank
Where is it? and When?
We run regular courses though out the year so give us a call or pop in to book a course.
Classroom sessions will be in our purpose built classrooms at our Dive Centre in St. Leonards and the Hands on practical Cylinder filling and Compressor operation sessions will be at our shop TAL Scuba Ltd, Fairmile Road , Christchurch
How do I do it? - What do I need to do?
- You need to be at least 15 years old
- Give us a call or pop into the shop and book it.
Now you have mastered how to use a compressor The Gas Blender course will train you as a qualified gas blender, allowing you to provide gas mixes to appropriately certified consumers. You'll learn the physical properties of oxygen, its associated hazards, handling requirements and what cleaning equipment is necessary. Finally, you will learn the five methods of obtaining the desired Enriched Air Nitrox ( EAN ) mix and the various methods used to obtain proper helium mixes.
Prerequisites None Length
4-5 Hours Classroom
Practical Sessions as required
Participants 1:8 Kit Included N/A Required None
Customer Reviews 2 item(s)
- Well worth doing, giving me knowledge that has come in usefull
Did the course a few years ago, giving me not only knowledge of air fills and compressors, but the different types of tank valve, information on the side of tanks ect. Has been helpful in knowing what to look for when buying equipment.
Also a good course towards your MSD certification.
- Learnt more than I expected VERY imformative GREAT
- Did the course back in 2010. This was far more than I expected, learnt loads about Cylinders and Cylinder valves as well as compressors. I have now purchased my own compressor for my club and I would have chosen the wrong one had I not done this course. - Tony
Write Your Own Review