Short on time but have the urge to become a certified diver?
The PADI Scuba Diver certification might just be for you! This course requires less time than the PADI Open Water Diver course, covering only the first three of five sections of knowledge development, the first three of five pool sessions, and the first two of four open water training dives, resulting in a limited certification. Particularly if you expect to go scuba diving primarily in the company of a dive guide or if you have limited time to devote to scuba certification, consider becoming a PADI Scuba Diver.
This certification allows for amazing dive experiences and is a good warm-up for the Open Water Diver course, if that’s your ultimate goal.
- Dive under the direct supervision of a PADI professional to a maximum depth of 12 metres / 40 feet
- Obtain air fills, rent or purchase scuba equipment and participate in other diving activities as long as they have the required supervision
- Continue their dive training and complete PADI Open Water Diver certification and other courses such as Project AWARE and equipment specialty courses
What do I get?
Covered in the Scuba Diver course, you will learn all the basics of scuba diving through knowledge development, a set of scuba skills in the pool that you’ll use again during open water dives, and an appreciation for the underwater world that will keep you coming back for more bottom time every chance you get!
During the course you’ll cover:
- the first 3 chapters of the Open Water Diver Manual
- the first 3 confined water dives of the Open Water Course which will equip you with all important skills required whenever diving.
- two open water dives, to demonstrate the required skills and explore the underwater world
You will use the same materials as the Open Water Diver course, so when you want to continue your learning adventure, you already have them!
How do I do It?
- You need to be at least 15 years old (10 for Junior Scuba Diver)
- You need to fill in this form PADI FORM
- Give us a call or pop into the shop and book it.
- All Scuba gear is provided, except boots, hoods and gloves.
You may want to step up to Open Water Diver certification at your first opportunity but as a PADI Scuba Diver you also qualify to take:
10-14 Junior Scuba Diver
Prerequisites None Length
1 Classroom Sessions,
3 Confined Water Dives,
2 Open Water Dives
Participants 1:10 Classroom
1:4 Pool / OW (Maybe less!)
Kit Included Everything Except Hoods, Boots and Gloves Required Knowledge Reviews - COMPLETED!
Swimming costume & old t-shirt, Shortie if prefered, towel & £1 for the lockers
Dive site fees (depending on site anything from £2.50 - £15.00