Become a PADI Rescue Diver
“Challenging” and “rewarding” best describe the PADI Rescue Diver course. Building upon what you’ve already learned, this course expands what you already know and teaches you how to prevent problems, and how to manage them should they occur.
The fun part about this course is rising to its challenges and mastering them. Most divers find this course demanding but rewarding, and at the end, say it’s the best course they’ve ever taken. It will take a recreational diver and turn them into a reliable and dependable diver.
What do I get?
The PADI Rescue Diver crewpak includes all materials required to complete the PADI Rescue Diver course.
You’ll learn how to think like a rescue diver and preview skills you’ll practice with our PADI Instructors. Once your Rescue Diver course is complete, you can review the DVD to refresh your dive safety skills as needed. This tool box of knowledge and technique will give you the expertise to handle almost any emergency situation whilst diving.
The course takes place over a couple of evenings one in the classroom reviewing the skills and knowledge required. To prove you have it, there is a short exam which concludes the theory side. The other evening is in the pool for some practice!
Our PADI Instructors will go through all of the skills required and teach you how to make expert rescues. The course concludes with open water dives where you get to put into practice what you have learnt in the pool and then you're put through your paces in some of our scenarios!!
What You Learn
- Self rescue
- Recognizing and managing stress in other divers
- Emergency management and equipment
- Rescuing panicked divers
- Rescuing unresponsive divers
- To enroll in the PADI Rescue Diver course, you must:
- be 15 years or older.
- have a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver certification.
- be trained and current for first aid and CPR within the previous two years.
How do I do It?
(Give us a call for more information about Emergency First Response CPR and First aid courses).
Now you are considered safe, relliable and dependable, you will be the pick of many a diver! - Now the options get more interesting, if you have five specialities, you can become a Master Scuba Diver (the Black belt of diving!!) Or maybe you fancy your hand at helping out the instructors and going for Divemaster? lacking a speciality to get the Master Scuba Diver? - why not try Oxygen Provider, Search and Recovery, or Night Diver, they all fit in nicely to rescue diver and all contribute to the five required specialities!
12-14 Junior Rescue Diver
- (Junior) Advanced Open Water
- EFR Primary and Secondary Care training within 24
2 Classroom Sessions,
2 Confined Water Dives,
2 Open Water Dives
Participants 1:8 Kit Included None - Available to hire if required Required
Full Dive kit
Knowledge Reviews - Completed
Dive site fees (depending on site up to £18.00)
Customer Reviews 2 item(s)
- Fun fun and challenging
- Just so much fun with TAL Scuba
- Rescue - I completed this course with Will, Karen and Rheann at TAL Scuba Dorset
- Rescue - I completed this course with Will, Karen and Rheann. They all made me feel comfortable and at ease in the true TAL fashion that i've become accustom to. The theory sessions passed without incidence and all questions and apprehensions were put to bed. The pool at the school was clean, warm and more than adequate to practise our skills and the sites chosen to complete the open water sections all had their own challenges but i'm pleased to say all went well. At all times I felt comfortable and confident in the knowledge of those around me.
Write Your Own Review