PADI Discover the MKVI / Se7en Rebreather ( Open Water )
- Introduction to the Poseidon MKVI / Se7en
- What is included in this Experience?
- Special Offers
- Knowledge Development
- Medical Form
- What courses are available after this one?
- Course Summary
- Book your Course Online
An introduction to Scuba Diving with the Poseidon MKVI / Se7en Rebreather!
The Poseidon MKVI and Se7en Rebreathers are Poseidon's offering to the . Divers wanting to experience closed circuit diving on the Poseidon Rebreathers can do so in the warmth of a swimming pool with one of our instructors. You'll get to find out what it's like to breather underwater without bubbles, hover effortlessly without much effort and what Rebreathers can offer you as a diver. This is the perfect introduction to Rebreather diving that allows you to try it first-hand in the safety of a confined water dive. We also offer this experience in a Confined Pool scenario, allowing you to experience Rebreather diving at sea to truly discover the world of Rebreather diving.
What is included in the Discover the MKVI / Se7en experience?
- First stop is the classroom, where one of our instructors will teach the appropriate theory for the session and then check your understanding with a knowledge review.
- Then comes the fun part, an hour long Dive at one of our regular teaching locations where you'll experience diving with the Poseidon MKVI / Se7en Rebreather at sea, safe in the knowledge that our instructor is on hand right by your side..
- After your classroom and confined open-water dive, you'll be one step close to becoming a PADI Rebreather diver.
Sign up to Discover the Poseidon MKVI / Se7en within 14 days of completing your Discover Scuba Dive and receive a £29.99 discount! Any Dive time logged also counts towards required total dive time needed to complete your Rebreather training.
Your instructor will explain and you will learn the operation, function and diving procedures of the Poseidon MKVI / Se7en Rebreather. This includes the safety aspects, bailout procedures and provide an overview of how the unit is assembled and operates. At the end of the course you'll have a first-hand understanding of the Poseidon MKVI / Se7en Rebreather, it's functions, basic assembly and operation.
Divers wishing to book a Rebreather Experience should check that the following checklist is applicable.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have completed a PADI Open Water Diver Course or above (or qualifying certifications from a recognised Scuba organisation)
- Have previously completed 25 dives.
- Be qualified as a PADI Enriched Air Diver
- Complete a Medical Questionnaire
For safety, all students must complete a brief Scuba Medical Questionnaire that asks about medical conditions that could interfere with diving. Simply complete the form and if nothing applies to you, you're ready to dive. If however any of the questions do apply to you, as a safety precaution your Doctor must assess the condition and sign a medical form that confirms that you are fit to dive.
Discover Rebreathers and Beyond!
Once you have completed your PADI Discover Rebreather course, you can then progress onto the PADI Rebreather Course. Don't forget that an optional Confined Pool Experience is still available at this point giving you multiple chances to experience the Hollis Explorer in varying conditions to make sure that this is the right unit for you! Alternatively, if you're looking to dive deeper, then consider the PADI Deep Diver Speciality, taking you to the depths of 40m on open circuit, which can be converted over to Rebreather during the Advanced Rebreather Training.
Alternatively, now you have bubble free, silent diving the fish life around you in the sea will be more abundant, so why not take advantage of this with the PADI Digital Underwater Photography Speciality, and take pictures that Open circuit divers can only dream of!
- Participants must be at least 18 years of age
- Have completed a PADI Open Water Diver Course or above (or qualifying certifications from a recognised Scuba organisation) and logged 25 dives.
- 1 Pool Session is included in this Experience
- 1/4 of your time spent with us, will be practical time in the Pool
- Use of a Hollis Explorer Rebreather is provided, including gas, Sofnolime and any applicable Entry Fees.
- You will need to also bring normal attire including Mask / Fins and weather dependant, a Wetsuit / Drysuit.
- If you don't own your own Mask, Fins, Wetsuit, Drysuit, or need any other equipment, why not check our a selection in our Dive Shop
There are no products matching the selection.