PADI Compressor Operator Speciality Course
How do Scuba Compressor Work? Which is heavier a Steel scuba cylinder or an Alloy Cylinder? How much gas is in your scuba tank? Is this scuba tank safe to fill? Why does your scuba cylinder need testing?
Slide show here..................
PADI Compressor Operator Distinctive Speciality
Advanced Equipment Speciality Course Speciality - Not approved by PADI, BUT does includes a FREE PADI Equipment Speciality - This Advanced course goes way beyond the PADI Equipment Speciality which is included FREE with this advanced course.
This Advanced Equipment course has been designed over the years to provide a high degree on understanding of the function, repair and servicing requirements of Scuba equipment. This is not a scuba equipment-servicing course. However those wishing to go on and become equipment technicians are likely to benefit from this course. This course goes into considerable detail regarding the operation and servicing techniques. It is designed to give more experienced divers and PADI professionals a good understanding of the workings principles of diving equipment, helping them to "save a dive" if equipment has a problem and to make informed purchasing decisions.
You will learn about
4-5 Hour Classroom theory session or sessions covering
1. Cylinders Types, Handling, Valves & Markings
2. Cylinder Valves types
3. Compressor types
4. Types of cascade system/banks & filling/mixing panels
5. Types of filling whips and valve
6. Wet and dry filling
7. Compressor maintenance
8. Compressor filters
9. Types of Air, Nitrox and other Gases
10. Filling cylinders direct from compressor
11. Filling cylinders via a cascade system
12. Filling cylinders using a combination of cascade system and compressor
Practical Scuba Compressor Exercises
1. Fill cylinders at least 4 times via a compress
2. Fill cylinders at least 4 times cascade/Bank system
3. Fill cylinders at least 4 times using a combination of both cascade/Bank system and compressor
4. Complete a practical training record sheet
By the end of this course the student will be able to
1. Identify different types of cylinder including 300 Bar, 232 Bar
2. Identify manufacture dates and test dates on cylinders
3. Verify that a cylinder is within test dates & required locally
4. Identify Nitrox and Air cylinders correctly
5. Identify all of the primary controls on the filling panel and / or compressor being used.
6. Independently fill cylinders using all three combinations and verify that they have been filled to the correct filling pressure.
- Fill cylinders via a compressor
- Fill cylinders via a cascade/Bank system
- Fill cylinders using a combination of both cascade/Bank
Who should take this Scuba course?
This course is designed to give all PADI professionals and more experienced divers a good understanding of the workings principles of scuba diving equipment; so that they can make better informed purchasing decisions, save a dive maybe in remote locations, take better care of their expensive Scuba kit and dive safely. " I have been told many times by former students how this course has paid for itself in saved dives on holiday and repair costs." - Trevor Leyland - PADI Course Director
- You need to be at least 15 years old
How long does this Course take?
Normally 1 evening in classroom session in our purpose built classrooms at our Dive Centre in St. Leonards and the Hands on practical Cylinder filling and Compressor operation sessions will be at our shop TAL Scuba Ltd, Fairmile Road , Christchurch
What comes next after your PADI Compressor Operator Distinctive Speciality
PADI Gas Blender Course - The Gas Blender course will train you to be a qualified gas blender, allowing you to provide gas mixes to appropriately certified divers. There are 2 options, Nitrox Gas Blender and Trimix Gas Blender, we teach both. This is a very interesting course for divers wanting to fill their own cylinders and blend their own gas with confidence. Book Now - PADI Gas Blender Course
Advanced Equipment Course - Includes FREE PADI Equipment Speciality - This Advanced course goes way beyond the PADI Equipment Speciality. Designed to provide a high degree on understanding of the function, repair and servicing requirements of Scuba equipment. This course goes into considerable detail regarding the operation and servicing techniques. It is designed to give more experienced divers and PADI professionals a good understanding of the workings principles of diving equipment, helping them to "save a dive" if equipment has a problem and to make informed purchasing decisions. Book Now - Advanced Equipment Course
What is included in this course
All Instructor Fees and Instruction and equipment.
What is not included in this courses
Transport, PADI Certification Fee.
There are no products matching the selection.