PADI Sidemount Diver
Want to stay longer under water? Interested in Tec Diving? Why not go Sidemount Scuba SMS?
PADI Side Mount Scuba or SMS Speciality Course
What Is Side Mount Diving / SMS / SideMount Scuba?:
- Single Sidemount Scuba - where we only have one cylinder usually mounted on the left. This is very handy if your just going for a simple shallowish dive.
- Twin Cylinder or Double tank - Where the diver has a single cylinders down each side.
- SMS TEC where we have 3,4,5 cylinders with upto 2 cylinders down each side and maybe a deco cylinder as well for TEC diving, Good option for PADI TEC 40, TEC 45 and TEC 50 on onwards.
- Rebreather SMS - Sidemounting cylinders for rebreathers and even when using a twinset, more stream lined than it just hanging by your side.
Sidemount Scuba has a number of benefits for the recreational diver far beyond merely diving:Comfort – Especially for those divers with back issues.
- Control – Streamlining helps improve buoyancy control
- Efficient – Takes less energy
- Peace of mind – More redundancy and more air supply, less stress longer dives
- Fun – Enjoy your diving!
You will learn about
about the many benefits of scuba diving with a SMS sidemount scuba
- Properly assemble and configure sidemount scuba diving equipment.
- Trim your weight system and sidemount gear so you’re perfectly balanced in the water.
- Manage gas by switching second stages as planned, if wearing two cylinders.
- Respond correctly to potential problems when sidemount diving.
This course has 4 fun, challenging Scuba Dives, completing drills and getting to feel what SMS Sidemount is all about under close supervision of your Scuba instructor.
Train in the UK - it's a little more demanding but..
You are qualified to dive in conditions similar or better than that in which you were trained!
Learn scuba diving in the UK
Who should take this Scuba course?
The PADI Sidemount diver course is for all most any scuba diver wanting to spend more time under water. 2 tanks means more gas but also more comfort and less weight climbing in and out of the water. You'd be surprised how comfortable Single side mount is (Just one cylinder)!
You need to have PADI Openwater Diver rating or higher, and be at least 15 years old to enrol in the Sidemount Scuba Diver course.
How long does this Sidemount Scuba Diver Course take?
Read the manual which is included FREE and complete knowledge reviews. Day time or evening theory session to set up your kit and cover the basics. Sometimes we do the theory session at the dive site depending on the group and weather. Normally takes 2 days, or a couple of evenings and a Sunday. completing the Theroy, Setup, 1 or 2 pool dives and 3 open water / sea dives.
What comes next after your PADI
Sidemount Scuba Speciality
PADI EAN Nitrox Diver - Now you can go deeper you'll want to stay longer. This classroom based course is the most popular PADI speciality and qualifies you to use Nitrox to give you longer no stop time, more time before you reach your NDL limit. You also need this course if you want to take up TEC diving or go bubble free with Recreational Rebreather diving. Book Now - PADI EAN Nitrox Diver Speciality Course.
PADI Drysuit Speciality - Getting chilly in the water or between dives? Yes? This 3 dive drysuit course is one of the most popular specialities in the UK and teaches you how to dive safely in a drysuit keeping you more comfortable and warmer. Drysuits keep you dry while diving allowing you to control your warmth by changing what you wear under the suit. They also keep you warmer on the surface but stopping the wind cutting through your wet wetsuit. Best to start this course and do the theory before purchasing a suit so you make the right purchasing choice. Fit is very important and there are lots of options. Book Now - PADI Drysuit Speciality Course
PADI Tec 40 in Sidemount - Move from recreational scuba diving to technical diving, from no stop diving to decompression diving. Build knowledge and skills. You will be qualified to make limited decompression dives to 40 metres Book Now - PADI Tec 40 Course
What is included in this course
PADI Manual, Instructor Fees and Instruction.
Special discount scuba kit hire rates for the course.
With this course it is better to have your own Sidemount Scuba kit if you can before you start the diving part of the course so that we can help you set everything up and get you sorted with the kit you will scuba dive with. This really does help save you a lot of time.
What is not included in this courses
Transport, Parking, Gas, Dive site / Dive Boat Fees, PADI Certification Fee and Kit Hire (Special rental rates for kit hire during courses).