Technical Scuba Diving
Technical diving is scuba diving’s “extreme” sport, training qualified and experienced divers to go deeper and stay longer than recreational diving. Technical diving demands a higher skill level and often uses significantly more equipment and requires more training to manage the additional hazards that this type of diving entails. Technical diving is not for everyone, but for those who take on the challenge, the PADI TecRec course is the answer. When one tank is not enough!
What is technical diving?
Technical Scuba Diving is defined as "Diving other than conventional commercial or research diving that takes divers beyond recreational scuba diving limits".
- Diving deeper than 40 metres/130 feet deep
- Required stage decompression
- Diving in an overhead environment beyond 40 linear metres/130 linear feet of the surface, such as advanced wreck diving and cave diving.
- Using deco and accelerated deco (decompression) and gas mixtures like trimix, Heliox and Nitrox to entend ther depth or time of the dive.
In technical diving, the surface is often effectively inaccessible in an emergency, so Technical divers train to use extensive methods and technologies to manage the added risks. Technical diving contains more risks and shorter critical error chains than recreational scuba diving, however Technical Divers get to experience situations that a regular recreational Diver never would not be able to.
Why go PADI TecRec
Here at TAL Scuba we offer a range of great PADI Technical Diver training. Your life could depend on the training you receive so MAKE IT THE BEST.
TEC Diving requires significantly more effort, discipline and equipment that traditional diving, it’s not for everyone and you can be an accomplished top-notch scuba diver without ever making a Technical dive. There are however, a cadre of individuals who want to visit places underwater that relatively few people can. Spectacular, untouched wrecks lie at depths well below 40 metres, deep reefs have organisms you don’t find in the shallows and some just enjoy the challenge and focus Technical diving requires. If you're a lover of cutting edge technologies, or just want the extra skills, abilities and to look cool, then Tehnical Diving might also be for you!
PADI TecRec the Difference
PADI TecRec courses, why settle for less. PADI programs are structered and contain the most modern course materials that lead the world of diver education.
The TecRec program was not the first Technical Diving program, but we think the best.
PADI TecRec courses are integrated into an instruction-ally valid, seamless set of courses that take you from a complete beginner in Technical Diving, through to qualifying you to the extreme depths of Scuba diving using different gas mixes and techniques. Each level introduces you to new equipment, planning and procedures appropriate to extend your diving limits.
The PADI TecRec Technical Diver courses we offer include
- Twinset Diver
- Sidemount Diver
- Tec Sidemount Diver
- Tec 40 Diver
- Tec 45 Diver
- Tec 50 Diver
- Tec Deep Diver
- Tec 65 Trimix Diver
- Trimix Diver
- CCR 40 Rebreather Diver
- CCR 60 Rebreather Diver
- Nitrox Gas Blender
- Trimix Gas Blender
We offer user and Instructor level courses and we have our own resident TecRec Instructor Trainer and Course Director Trevor Leyland who has been diving Tec for some 20 years.
"One of the best things PADI did was breaking the Tec Deep Diver course into 3 much more managable courses the PADI Tec 40, Tec 45 and Tec 50" - Trevor Leyland CD-620580
With this integrated sequence of three sub-courses: Tec 40, Tec 45 and Tec 50. You can complete them one after the other, or you can complete each level separately with a time span between them. Spreading the time and cost, this gives you flexibility to work around youir job and family life whilst still maintaining the integrity of the overall learning.
What do I need to go TecRec
TecRec prerequisites vary (see individual course descriptions), but the following applies to anyone interested in technical diving you must be:
- 18 years or older
- A mature, responsible person who will follow the required procedures and requirements strictly and faithfully
- Medically fit for tec diving (physician’s signature required)
- Willing to accept the added risks that tec diving presents
- An experienced diver with at least 100 logged dives
- Certified as a PADI Enriched Air Diver and PADI Deep Diver or equivalent (for this program equivalency is proof of training in recreational deep diving 18 meters / 60 feet to 40 meters / 130 feet consisting of at least four dives and training in nitrogen narcosis considerations, contingency / emergency decompression, making safety stops and air supply management OR, have a minimum of 20 logged dives deeper than 30 meters/100 feet.)
I want to sign up and start a Tec Rec Course with TAL Scuba Dorset Hampshire
We are the premier 5 Star PADI IDC Instructor Development Centre on the Dorset Hampshire Border. Please call Karen or Trevor to sign up for TecRec courses as we need to understand your needs to best advise you on what to do and when to do it. We run friendly small classes and courses here in the UK also in Malta and on some of the Holidays we organise around the world. Call Karen / Trevor 01202 47 30 30 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org