TAL Shooters Gun Club
A Friendly Club for Shooting
Enthusiasts on the South Coast
TAL Shooters is a local Airgun club, based out of a large privately owned plot near the borders of the Dorset, Hampshire and Wiltshire Counties. Located near Bournemouth International Airport we offer an enjoyable atmosphere for Air Rifles and other sporting arms (More details to follow). The range is currently operated by volunteer Range Officers on Sunday mornings (10am ~ 1pm) for the benefit of it's members and guests, where we aim to offer a relaxed and welcoming shooting environment for both experienced and newcomers to the sport. Safety is of paramount importance to us, which is why we also make sure that all sessions are conducted under supervision so even a single member wishing to shoot will someone on hand to assist in safe and enjoyable shooting experiences
- Where do we shoot?
- Range Calendar?
- Membership Benefits
- Membership Fees
- Download a membership form
- Membership Rules
- Safety Guide
- Experience Day Bookings
Shoot LocationsFoxbury Road
Our home ground since the club started back in 2013, approx 1.5 acres of land near to our Dive Center (BH24 2SG)
- Members Fee: £5 per session
- Guest Fee: £10 per session ( reduced to £5 for your first three visits with us ) which includes a £5 contribution to insurance.
Range Dates for 2020*
Dates shown in red are cancelled due to the COVID19 situation.
- 05/01/2020 - Chapel Gate
- 12/01/2020 - Foxbury
- 19/01/2020 - Chapel Gate
- 26/01/2020 - Foxbury (cancelled due to adverse weather)
- 02/02/2020 - Chapel Gate
- 09/02/2020 - Foxbury (cancelled due to adverse weather)
- 16/02/2020 - Chapel Gate
- 23/02/2020 - Foxbury
- 01/03/2020 - Chapel Gate
- 08/03/2020 - Foxbury
- 15/03/2020 - Chapel Gate
- 22/03/2020 - Foxbury
- 29/03/2020 - Foxbury
- 05/04/2020 - TBC
- 12/04/2020 - Foxbury
- 19/04/2020 - Foxbury
- 26/04/2020 - Foxbury
- 03/05/2020 - TBC
- 10/05/2020 - Foxbury
- 17/05/2020 - TBC
- 24/05/2020 - Foxbury
- 31/05/2020 - Foxbury
- 07/06/2020 - Foxbury
- 14/06/2020 - Foxbury
- 21/06/2020 - Foxbury
- 28/06/2020 -
- 05/07/2020 - Foxbury
- 12/07/2020 -
- 19/07/2020 - Foxbury
- 26/07/2020 -
- 02/08/2020 - Foxbury
- 09/08/2020 -
- 16/08/2020 - Foxbury
- 23/08/2020 -
- 30/08/2020 - Foxbury
- 06/09/2020 - Foxbury
- 13/09/2020 -
- 20/09/2020 - Foxbury
- 27/09/2020 -
- 04/10/2020 - Foxbury
- 11/10/2020 -
- 18/10/2020 - Foxbury
- 25/10/2020 - Foxbury (Halloween)
- 01/11/2020 - Foxbury
- 08/11/2020 -
- 15/11/2020 - Foxbury
- 22/11/2020 -
- 29/11/2020 - Foxbury
- 06/12/2020 - Foxbury
- 13/12/2020 -
- 20/12/2020 - Foxbury (Christmas)
- 27/12/2020 -
- Member Rate Range Fees: Our members benefit from reduced range fee's for any of the shoots we organise. Please see our Shoot Locations section for exact pricing.
- Pellet Discount: 10% discount on all qualifying Airgun pellets, purchased Online via Shootingandscuba.co.uk or in-store at TAL Arms, for the duration of your active membership
- Exclusive Offers: access to regular exclusive discounts, for members only!
- Events and Socials: Exclusive rates for all club events and Social Activities
- Servicing and Repairs can be booked in with a member of staff at any of our organised shoots
- One-Off starter payment of £20 (includes first months membership) to activate membership (payable also if you leave the club and subsequently rejoin).
- £5 per month membership fee or annual fee of £60, payable as a lump sum (year ends 31st March) or via Standing Order for the duration of your active membership.
- TAL Shooters is a relaxed club environment, this however should not be confused with unsafe conduct. Members agree that at all times they will follow the guidance and spirit of the safety rules and demonstrate them to others.
- Members should show good judgement and respect for their surroundings when shooting, and should represent both themselves and the club as safe, responsible shooters.
- Members may have their membership removed if unsafe behavior, or behavior not in the spirit of responsible shooting or conduct is noted.
- Members may not make statements on behalf of the club, unless their are an approved person by the club executive.
- The Range Officer (referred to as RO for the remainder of this page) may appoint assistants or "Point Officers" (referred to as PO for the remainder of this page) as required, to run the Firing Point.
- Nobody will advance forward of the Firing Point unless authorised by the RO or, in his absence, a PO.
- Ask the RO if you want to put up or retrieve targets or go forward of the firing point.
- Point Officers are in complete charge of the proceedings under the RO.
- The orders / commands of the RO, or designated PO must be obeyed at all times.
- The RO has complete control over the range when in use and their decision(s) are final.
- The shooting of any wildlife during range sessions is prohibited.
- The use of exploding targets on the range is prohibited, unless directly authorized by the RO on an individual basis. This does not apply to compression based targets that create minimal noise.
- Eye protection should be worn at all times when at the firing point.
- No Airguns requiring a Firearms Certificate may be shot on the range without specific permission of TAL Arms Ltd, who will inform the RO before shooting can commence.
- The RO can test or ban any Person / Air Rifle / Pistol / Target or anything else on the range if they consider them to be either unsafe or inappropriate, or not in the interest of the club or its members.
- Shooting may only take place after you have booked in with the RO, paid your appropriate range fees, been allotted a place to shoot by the RO / PO and the carry on command has been given.
- In the interests of safety, there must be an approved RO present together with at least one other person before shooting may take place.
- At the range, all guns will be kept unloaded with their actions open at all times except when on the Firing Point / Line, or if they are properly stowed within their carrying cases / slips / other receptacle for transport. If you need to charge / fill your Air Rifle or Pistol, it should be unloaded and cleared in the presence of the RO / PO at the firing point and taken, muzzle-down to the air filling station / cylinder OR the Air cylinder should be taken to the Firing Point.
- Guns should be stored in bags / slips / boxes or placed in a gun rack ( Showing clear ) supplied for the purpose whenever not in use.
- No guns will be touched or loaded during a 'Cease Fire' anywhere on the range ( Excluding those already in a case / bag / slip ).
- Guns must be handled and / or loaded only after the RO has so advised it is safe to carry on shooting, or has given specific permission.
- Members wishing to demonstrate show, coach, clean an unloaded gun must take the gun to the designated Fumble Zone or other area allocated by the RO.
- Only shoot at targets that have the back stop behind them. It is illegal for pellets to leave the boundary of the range. Do not shoot across the range unless part of an organised competition or target course that has been set up, If in doubt ask the RO.
- Membership is a privilege NOT a right! A new probationary member will be required to be supervised by an authorised club member at all times, in the interests of safety, and will comply with all instructions given by the said supervisor. Full consideration of membership will only be given after shooting 5 times as a probationary member and having showed good conduct and that the club is confident the probationary member understands the club and range rules.
- No shooter may approach the Firing Point without the permission of the RO or leave it without having their gun cleared by the RO / PO.
- If in doubt or if you are unsure of anything then please ask the RO or PO on duty.
Membership and Benefits
For those of a keen interest in Airgun shooting we offer a simple membership package that gives you several key benefits: