TAL Arms Shooting in Malta
Join us on our next Shooting Trip to Malta
Next Trip: January 24th ~ 28th 2021
TAL Shooters organize regular shooting trips to Malta, with it's great shooting, stunning landscapes, architecture, historic cities and food that all make the trip worth it. We often shoot at Victoria Range, situated near the middle of the island near the town of Qormi. Here we shoot a variety of firearms (Pistols, Revolvers, Carbines and soon rifles) in various calibres, that would not be possible in the UK.
NO Firearms Licence Required
We have insurance and arrangements in place so that people can shoot with us in Malta under supervision on one of our organised trips or a "have a go session" for individuals on holiday in Malta. All training, Instruction, firearms & safety gear provided. You will need to complete a form confirming your details and that you are not prohibited from shooting or possessing a firearm under UK law,
Non Members welcome
TAL Shooters club members get a discounted ammunition package and options to book places earlier, but non-members are very welcome. If you want the best deal possible on a Malta Shooting Trip then Join the Club now!
What type of guns can I shoot in Malta?
Malta has more sensible gun laws than the UK, so we can shoot firearms that are banned in the UK.
Here are some of the firearms that we used on our 2019 Trip to Malta.
- Glock 19 GEN4 (9mm)
- Glock 21 (.45 Auto)
- BUL Cherokee (9mm)
- BRNO Alfa (9mm)
- Tangfolio Stock 3 919 (9mm)
- Arminus 4" Revolver (.38 Special)
- C96 Broomhandle Mauser (7.63 Mauser)
- CZ Scorpion EVO (9mm)
- AK Carbine (9mm)
- JP Sauer Pocket Pistol (.32 Auto)
- 6" Revolver (.357 Magnum)
- Pump action shotgun (.12 Gauge)
Victoria Range Malta
The range we use on Malta, is Victoria range in Qormi. Currently there are 6 shooting bays on the existing 25m pistol / carbine range, an action shotgun range next-door, with a further range being opened adjacent this year. A planned short rifle range is also under construction and should be ready in plenty of time for the 2020 trip. Shooters are advised to occupy bays in pairs, so that you don't use all your ammunition in the first hour, and to give yourself a break regularly, plus it's more fun!
- Approximate ammunition about (200 rounds or 9mm / .38 special) per day
- Shoot non-silhouette paper targets (not included) from 10-20m
- Steel falling plates available for use with firearms upto (and NOT including) .357 calibre
- Steel hanging plates also available for use (as above)
- Covered firing point, so any rain doesn't prevent the session from continuing.
- Action shotgun bay also available for use, but must be notified in advance.
- Eye / Ear protection is not included, but can be purchased prior to travelling.
- Ear Protection is REQUIRED at all times on any of the ranges
- Eye Protection is REQUIRED when using a shotgun and recommended at all other times
- On-site toilet facilities are under construction
- Footwear for uneven ground is recommended (No sandals or heels)
Where to stay in Malta
The island has a large number of resort hotels and places to stay. It's recommended that everyone stays close together so that travelling to the range takes less time. The more pickups we have to do, the earlier the morning start, or the less range time everyone gets. Please refer to our recommendations below or Contact Us for more information.
Sunny Coast Hotel - Special discount price to TAL of 1 bed appartment 35 Euros per night (Sleeps upto 3) - 70 Euros or about £65 each based on 2 sharing.
Food, Drink and Eating Out in Malta
Malta's restaurants and cafe's have a hugh range of foods from traditional Maltese to British / Italian mix. You can find Mediterranean delicacies, local dishes like Tuna Ftira or even Kebabs and Pizza.
- Malta has a high water mineral content. It's safe to drink but will effect you after 1~2 days.
- Bottled water is easily available in restaurants, hotels etc.
- Bocci and Band clubs offer great food at excellent prices.
- For lunch there are a huge number of Cafe's and restaurants to suit any appetite and budget.
- Lunchtime Meal including a drink ~ Approx €15
- Evening Meal including a drink ~ Approx €25