TAL Shooters - Malta Shooting Holiday Sun 26th ~ Thurs 30th Jan 2020
After the success of this year's fantastic Malta trip, we have organised another for the end of January 2020. So get ready for fun, action packed days shooting in Malta.
Planned arrival is Sunday the 26th January 2020, arriving back in the UK Thursday 30th Jan 2020 We have planned 3 days of shooting with the option of a 4th day. Shooting is very popular in Malta, so the ranges get quite busy on the weekends. This is why we have booked the a private range sessions for ourselves midweek, which includes the pistol range from 8am till 12-12:30 Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. We also have the option to shoot action shotgun again in the afternoons after pistol shooting and we should also have the option to shoot semi-auto fullbore rifles pending completion of the new range bays.
There will still be time to see some of the other sights of Malta if you are interested. I would suggest visiting the largest muzzle loading cannon ever built and the Saluting battery in Valletta, we saw the gun team perform period Gun drills and firing the midday cannon in full Victorian uniform by the numbers. You can also see many other fortifications and firing positions around the island and would recommend a visit to one of the WWII museums, the Grand Masters Palace and Armouries in Valletta.
Plan of Action
- We arrive in Malta in the evening, check-in to the hotel and meet to grab a bite to eat as a group for an orientation and paperwork.
- Pickup from the hotel at 7am each day then off to the range.
- We can go for lunch as a group after the range, compare score, talk guns and then back to the hotel to chill or you can go sight-seeing.
- The option is there to have dinner with the group or do your own thing as you choose each evening.
- We have 3 full days and on the 4th we fly home at approx 17:05, so even on the last day we still have time to go shooting or sight seeing around Malta before making our way to the airport.
Places are limited to 12.
Your spot will only be reserved on payment of a £50 Non-Refundable Deposit. Please also send us a copy of your flight booking when you have it. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU BOOK THE HOTEL RECOMMENDED OR A HOTEL VERY NEAR. PICKUP WILL BE FROM THE RECOMMENDED HOTEL / Pickup point.
You will have the chance to shoot many firearms including a Modern firearms such as the 9mm Glock 17 Gen 4, The Latest 9mm Scorpion Evo, and famous classic firearms such as the P08 9mm German Army Luger, 7.63 Broom handle Mauser C96 from WWI, Nazi marked J.P.Shuer German .32 ACP from WWII, various other modern 9mm Pistols, a .357 magnum Revolver and more. Rifles such as the famous SKS, M4 and AK 47 may also be available this year. Guns may change but we shot most of these last time.
I am basing the trip on 500 Rounds of ammo (Last time we shot 600 rounds) so you may want to purchase more at the range. If you want to shoot rifle on the rifle range you will need to purchase ammo and there will also be a small additional range hire fee and Gun hire fee.
Flying from Bournemouth on Ryan air, Flight prices not yet released by Ryanair
Last year it was £141 for flights and hotel. You can also fly from other airports or on different days but hotel transfers will be extra.
What you get - Shooting in Malta with TAL Shooters:
Included in the price of 399 Euros (About £348 at 19/02/2019) - 20 Euros Discount to club members.
- Range Hire for 3 morning Pistol/Revolver range sessions to include a variety of pistol, carbine shooting.
- Shotgun range session
- Your range insurance required by Maltese Law.
- Minibus/car hire, insurance, deposit insurance, fuel, parking.
- Airport transfers - for the chosen group flights
- Transport to and from the range each day from the designated hotel/pickup point
- Range officer, required by Maltese Law
- Safety / Shooting Instruction if you need it or want it :-)
- 500 Rounds of AMMO (350 Rounds of 9mm, 100 Rounds of 38 Spl, 25 Rounds of 357 Magnum, 25 Rounds of 32ACP, 25 Rounds of 12 Bore shotgun)
Extra Ammo available on request if / when you run out :-)
We have been doing trips to Malta for Scuba diving for over 20 years and shooting trips now for 3.
We recommend staying at the
Sunny Coast Hotel - Special discount price to TAL of 1 bed appartment 35 Euros per night (Sleeps upto 3) - 70 Euros or about £65 each based on 2 sharing.
Please onfirm with us before booking your flight and Hotel, IT IS A SMALL ISLAND BUT WE STILL DO NOT WANT TO SPEND ALL DAY DRIVING TO DIFFERENT HOTELS, we can help if your not sure how or what to do. We can book for you if you need us to. Trevor and Karen know the area very well, feel free to ask if your not sure which one to book or how close to pickup point / route.
Please confirm before booking your flight or hotel. Call TAL Arms on 01202 473030 and ask for Karen.
So all together I would expect it to come to around £499.
We need a Non-Refundable deposit of £50 as we will have to pre-book and pay for the range hire and minibus hire.
Before we Go Shooting in Malta
We will be doing some basic training at the club to make sure every one is up to scratch on their range safety and gun handling. Here are a few pictures from our last visit
Looking forward to an awesome fun shooting trip to Malta - Trevor
Booking on a First come bases with priority to members.
- Additional Information
Item ID ARMS-MALTA-JAN-2020 Manufacturer TAL Colour No Licence No Calibre / Cartridge No . 0 .. 0 Condition New
Write Your Own Review